Why Your Support Matters
Women's Safety NSW relies on its supporters in the community - individuals and corporates who are committed to achieving safety, justice and wellbeing for all women and children, and their families and communities.
Your donation will assist us to:
Advocate for change in a particular area. For example:
- Do you want to see women who have experienced violence have access to legal support and legal advice when going through the family law system in regional areas
- Do you want to stop direct cross examination of complainants by the accused in domestic violence matters in NSW?
Women's Safety NSW cannot advocate for change on these issues without your support:
- Reaching out to survivors of domestic and family violence to support them to tell their story safely - so as to influence policy, practice and law reform to improve systemic responses to domestic and family violence.
- We know that in order to capture the hearts and minds of our decision-makers and the broader community, we need to combine the evidence base and practice expertise with the real life experience of women who know first-hand about the issues we are trying to address. But, when we do this, it is essential that we do this safely.
Your donation can help us to bridge the gap between women with lived experience and decision-makers so that we can drive the changes we need to see to increase women and children's access to safety, justice and wellbeing.
- Deliver public awareness-raising and cultural attitudinal change workshops in a range of high influence settings, such as schools, universities, workplaces, sporting clubs, and other social and cultural organisations, to tackle the root causes of violence against women, in line with the Our Watch Change the Story/Changing the Picture Framework.
- Violence against women and children is a whole of community problem which requires a whole of community solution. Your donation will assist us to work with a range of organisations in the broader community to help shift the underlying attitudes and beliefs which drive this violence. Help us drive this change through communities so that our children may grow to live in a world which is free from gender-based violence.